Early Head Start Teacher
We are looking for qualified and experienced teachers to be a part of our growing team!
Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers are responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for children typically from ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. Teachers provide care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
• Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the classroom.
• Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
• Provide weekly and monthly schedules and lesson plans of activities
• Develop and encourage age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
Supervision and responsibilities for children
• Ensure children are supervised at all times
• Build children’s esteem and comfort them
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
• Implement positive discipline when required
• Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
• Observe children and make note of progress
• Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
The Lead and Assistant Teacher will be thoroughly committed to SEA Academy’s mission. All candidates must enjoy working with children, have a positive attitude, and serve as a role model for the children and families at the center by modeling excellence.
• 1 year of experience working with children preferred
• Infant-Toddler CDA or Associates degree required
• Ability to work effectively with staff and parents
• Must possess sensitivity and maturity and be able to demonstrate evidence of ability to relate well to both children and adults.
• Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities and obligations according to the school’s educational philosophy and program as outlined in the Personnel Handbook, class outline and the policies and procedures of the school.
• Must possess and demonstrate qualities of the ability to be personally and professionally prepared for the position of a teacher of young children possessing warm, friendly nurturing personality.
• Must meet as applicable the licensing requirements and standards for certification as issued by the state of Louisiana.
Lead and Assistant Teachers must possess the following skills and attributes:
• Teaching skills
• Team building skills
• Supervisory skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
General Pay and Provisions
• Competitive Compensation Commensurate with Education and Experience
• Benefits Available
SEA Academy is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.00 – $15.00 per hour